Pineda de Mar
Pineda de Mar is a quiet town with approximately 25,000 inhabitants. Located between the city of Barcelona and the Costa Brava, the town sits on the shores of the Mediterranean Sea at the foot of the Montnegre-Corredor Natural Park. The town offers the perfect destination for combining a relaxing summer holiday at the beach with your family, other half or friends, with excursions to places of great tourist interest in Catalonia: Barcelona, Girona, the Costa Brava, Montserrat and more.
Pineda de Mar is completely open to the sea. It has a large beach promenade that runs the length of the town (3km) parallel to the beach. This is a great promenade for a bike ride, a jog or a walk along the coast to the neighbouring towns of Santa Susanna and Calella.
Pineda de Mar enjoys a pleasant Mediterranean climate:
- Summers have long, sunny days that are hot but not too extreme (temperature between 25 and 30°C). Summer evenings bring a comforting freshness that enables you to enjoy summer nights outdoors.
- - In spring and autumn, we enjoy almost as much sun as summer, although it does rain on the odd day. However, temperatures are always very pleasant (between 20 and 28°C). A swim at the beach and outdoor activities are guaranteed. The town is quieter during these times, meaning it is the dream destination for people looking to relax in peace and quiet next to the beach.
- - In winter, from December to February, the temperature is cooler but still pleasant. Only occasionally will the thermometer reach a low of 5°C. It is rarely foggy or freezing.
Just 150 metres away from the hotel you will find Pineda de Mar’s beach. It is a long, extensive beach with approximately three kilometres of white sand and all the services you will need for a great beach day: showers, beach bars, bicycle parking areas, beach volleyball courts, sports equipment hire (like kayaks, surfboards, bicycles) and fitness areas, amongst other features.
Pineda de Mar is the perfect spot for a family holiday with kids. The town has significant leisure and entertainment options available in summer for families as well as a large number of green areas, children’s games zones and a games area at the beach, which has resulted in the town being awarded the title of Family Tourism Destination.
Leisure, Culture and Gastronomy
The recreational options in Pineda de Mar are completed with the numerous restaurants that serve a variety of cuisine, ranging from local dishes to classic, international flavours.
You will also find many points of interest that are worth a visit: the Roman aqueduct, Sant Pere de Riu (church), Montpalau Castle (with its 12th century chapel), Sant Jaume Tower (constructed during the 14th and 17th century), Santa María de Pineda de Mar (16th century church), Creu de Terme and numerous buildings from the 19th and 20th centuries, as well as contemporary structures.
- Gastronomy Day of Cod (middle of March)
- Spring Cooking (June)
- Autumn Gastronomy Days (beginning of November)
- TrensTripulats Displays (middle of May)
- Psicobilli Festival (beginning of July)
- Amateur Theatre Festival (first weekend in May)
- Arts d’Estiu Festival with shows by famed performers in different art disciplines: dance, theatre, music, magic, comedy (July and August)